View Single Post
Unread 08-06-2011, 23:44   #8
sean

In that case I think I'll be leaving the car on-street as much as I do now.

Basically here's my interest in this:
I live in Drumcondra and about once a week I take a late morning / early afternoon train into the city to change to a DART to go Southside. Return that afternoon or very early in the rush hour.

Trains run inbound approx. every 40 minutes or so, take it to Pearse (indoor waiting area) to wait for next DART. Not exactly turn-up-and-go frequency but acceptable. Going home, I take the DART to Connolly, as in addition to trains running (not so frequently) from Pearse to Maynooth, there is as often as not a Maynooth bound train waiting in the sheds. Never had to wait more than ~22 minutes for this connection.

But certainly a train every 30 minutes will definitely be an improvement, i.e. if I can use M3 trains as well as Maynooth ones.

Quote:
Okay clonsilla had a huge number of departures but they were bunched together and most going to docklands and non-stop. The new timetable is a massive improvement now that they are spread out.
The "bunching" AFAIK was to allow passenger to use Clonsilla as a transfer station, i.e. passengers going between the M3 line and Pearse/Drumcondra. I once did this going to - and from - Dunboyne.
sean is offline   Reply With Quote