View Single Post
Unread 30-04-2008, 13:16   #6
hoopsheff
Regular Poster

The 6.30 has run everyday this week....and late (no surprise there then). It was a brand new intercity train (not with the high speed engine). On monday it stopped at Clondalkin..tuesday was direct to Heuston.

Today it ran all over the shop....for hazelhatch at least

At 7.20 -Announcement said 7.18 train delayed by 15 mins due to operational difficulties.
2 mins later announcement said 7.22 train delayed by 20 mins due to technical difficulties

At 7.35 the 7.18 train rolled in with only 2 carraiges!! Packed to the rafters...most people could not get on the train. Train doors close and it pulled off.

5 mins later another new train passed through the station (no idea what train this was as I've never seen this before)...half full.

At 7.42 -Announcement said 7.43 train was delayed by 10 mins due to operational difficulties

at 7.45ish the 7.22 train pulls into hazelhatch (now with passengers for 3 trains). Again a mad scrum for the doors...i think most people got on though.

Train then stopped in Adamstown and again there was madness with people trying to push their way onto the train (understandably as they were probably waiting the guts of 30 mins for the train)

Questions I have to ask are:
1 Why send a train with only 2 carraiges at peak time?
2 Why not stop the ghost train to allow the people onto the train..IR knew trains were late..knew there was a build up of people on platforms...but still let peopl try to crush onto already full trains.
3 What were the operational difficulties??And the technical difficulties?
hoopsheff is offline   Reply With Quote