View Single Post
Unread 30-10-2015, 21:40   #12
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Default 2016 Fares

So IE requested an increase on Waterford for example of 1.7% yet the NTA granted 1.9%, why are they allowed to grant a higher rate?

I also note the plans to merge both economy fares yet I expect service levels will not match those of economy 1 so in future why will I be paying for substandard service when those in economy 1 will be paying more or more and current economy 2 will be getting nothing in return.

Today IE managed to rack up a whopping 245+ minutes worth of delays on Waterford services across 9 scheduled services because of a major lack of infrastructure. As I was told this is "modern day Irish Rail" and that was from IE members themselves, shocking mess because of lack of loops and/or signal blocks in place.

Quote:
There is the issue of allocation of 28 million extra PSO funding

Some is for extra DART services and the Kildare - Grand Canal Dock service

Leap has a impact here as well as the weekly cap has set a upper limit of 2080 euro per year, as a result the Rail/Luas/Bus annual actually went down last fare determination
Is DART not stand alone, I am totally against increasing service if it will never be viable especially with the population density in the Dublin area.

Have they been given any extra for general infrastructure works?