View Single Post
Unread 26-09-2013, 09:13   #18
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
At the entrance to Dun Laoghaire station there is a sign that says something like: "For your convenience on shorter Dart Services, we have installed a '2/3/4 Car Stop' point that tells you where the train will stop so you don't have to walk so far."

Where do they locate this Stop Point for North bound Darts? 80% of the way down the platform. It would be difficult to locate it much further away from the ticket office if they tried. Just a guess, but I doubt Dun Laoghaire is unique in this regard.

And my second point relates particularly to 2 carriage Darts. Why would you have 2 carriage Darts followed 15 minutes later by much longer ones? If the aim is to save money - and don't get me wrong - it's good that we now know that the cost of running a Dart is proportional to its length - but it would surely make logical sense for Dart sizes to be increased at peak periods and reduced in the offpeaks, but without the variability that seems present at the minute. Once traffic only warrants a 2 carriage Dart at 6.30pm for example, then, sporting or music events excepting, all Darts after this time should be such.
Perhaps that longer set could be swapped at Connolly rather than Bray for example, as it is needed in Fairview for the following morning or for an exam. You are always going to have a certain amount of positioning moves with any transport operation.
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote