View Single Post
Unread 10-10-2012, 17:17   #3
karlr42

This whole bailout debacle is a real mess, hopefulyl one day we'll here the real story behind it all.

As for selling assets, IE are on top of that already, selling the 2700s and 8200s and Mk3s. I don't see them being able to sell much land though, which is CIE's biggest asset, in this climate. One thing they might look at is selling old alignments to interested parties(greenway/cycling route people), if at all possible to eke some money out of that. Closing the WRC might help as well.

As for borrowing money- is that even possible in this economic climate? Borrowing that much money, not for investment, but just to keep things ticking over, seems incredible to me, and if a company is reaching that point it is in serious trouble, surely?

Shame really, if earlier this year DU had been selected as the PT scheme to fund(and not Luas BXD) things would be in a very different situation now. At this rate, the incoming CEO might not even have a job, and I might have to think of moving much closer to work.
karlr42 is offline   Reply With Quote