View Single Post
Unread 09-09-2014, 09:09   #27
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

as someone who was a regular user of the business class offerings from irish rail over the years i simply cannot justify the expense to my employers for what i get on the premium section of a 22k.

the fact that i can drive from templemore/roscrea to dublin and back and pay for parking for less than the ticket is something which is also a factor, its is cheaper to claim travel expenses using the car.

even the old version of 22k premium - the top half of the first car of a mark3 - was a much better service, better seats that dont numb your arse off, and a food service brought to your table. for those extra premium services people pay premium money. that used to be a major selling point, but it isnt anymore and the business has gone elsewhere. the same will happen with enterprise and they will be looking at cutting the service and before you know it there will be 3 car 22ks up and down to belfast with metaphoric white flags on top.

instead of cutbacks there should be fightbacks, but that isnt in the irish rail mindset at all.