View Single Post
Unread 19-07-2006, 11:41   #18
Terrontress
Regular Poster

A folding seat seems to take up the space of two standing passengers.

A person on the ground seems to take up the space of three.

On the morning train out of Donabate at 8.15, I am pushed so tightly against other passengers yet these people are on the ground with their seats. If they have a disability they should make it known to people in priority seats.

If someone is on the floor, I go right over to where they are and open my newspaper and hold it over their heads. It means that I can hold it open with leisure in the space over them and not bump it off fellow passengers. It also ensures a pretty uncomfortable journey for the lazy, selfish person on the floor as the light for them is blocked out by my paper and they are forced to stare at my crotch for the duration of the journey.

People also tend to tuck their legs in when I come near so I position my feet so they can't move them out again and are forced into the foetal position.

As I have said, I would gladly give up my seat to anyone at all that I think are more worthy than me but when it comes to having my face in someone's armpit while a 22 year old guy sits on the floor playing his PSP, I am going to try to do something about it.
Terrontress is offline   Reply With Quote