Thread: New Timetable
View Single Post
Unread 04-08-2009, 21:24   #53
paddyb180285
Regular Poster

I also notice that the 7:30 morning service from Connelly to Rosslare no longer calls at Sydney Parade, Blackrock, Dalkey or Killiney. If this is the case, could it mean the end of the direct services linking Maynooth/Drogheda with Bray? Personally, I hope it doesn't as the 9:06 and 10:36 services to Balbriggan and Drogheda respectively are very popular amongst Dalkey commuters. Additionally, the evening 17:44 Longford service is also a popular service amongst locals as I frequently see large numbers boarding this service at Dalkey.

On a more optimistic note, I will congratulate Irish Rail for filling in some of the very large gaps seperating certain services. In it's future state, the frequency passed Greystones is a big improvement to the way it was some 3 years ago. All they will need now is a later evening return service leaving town between 8 or 9 o'clock. However, I amn't so sure what would be more viable: having the train go the entire way to Rosslare; or terminating at Enniscorthy. Nevertheless, the proposed Connelly-Rosslare timetable is a massive improvement on what it is at present. While the arrival and departure of train services at Rosslare aren't exactly tied in with that of the Ferry, the improvement in frequency is a step in the right direction.
paddyb180285 is offline   Reply With Quote