View Single Post
Unread 13-12-2006, 18:22   #10
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigel Fitzgricer View Post
This is the first time I have noticed this press release. There is absolutely no reason to prioritise Templemore as a station on the network. It's a mickey mouse halt and it already has a negative impact on services on the Cork line. If anything it should be downgraded to a local stopping service.

Sorry folks, but Templemore should way down the priority food chain for P11 - considering what Navan Man posted today about Clonsilla and Dunbonye and the carry-on there, Templemore should not even be on the radar screen.

There are some real battles out there, this ain't one of them. It's not even a minor skirmish.
Plenty of reasons Nige, read the entire sub board and also what I said on IRN about it, as I havent got the time to rehash it all here and now.

This isnt a P11 issue, by the way, P11 just host this little part of the board. I'm sure if west on Track want a discussion board hosted here for them we'd happily oblige as well.

I would love to see Templemore left as it is, but it wont be, the town will be twice its size and most of the people will be working in Dublin. The hub and spoke arraingement will only buy IE some time, thats all. I can see the day when they'll be needing three trains out of Templemore before seven am, and possibley another two before eight going to Dublin, and then there may be some pressure from the Limerick direction as well. Not what I want, to be sure, but we have to plan ahead for it.

It is, if you like, the anti WRC.