View Single Post
Unread 17-07-2013, 12:24   #33
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
the problem being that these shuttles connect with cork trains and also waterford ones?

So you have one shuttle from the ex-cork train, one from the ex-dublin train, one to the waterford train and one back? you can hardly go back to the time of the long long gaps hanging about in the junction. without the shuttles i think you would have a knock on in relation to waterford services.

surely its one train anyway? going to and fro to the junction?
16.25 Heuston-Limerick connects with the inbound Waterford services and the outbound services meets the 17.00 to Cork connects with it and the shuttle from Limerick.

I am just saying some better scheduling could deliver greater efficiency. The 15.00 to Cork doesn't connect for Limerick and I don't see a need for the 16.00 to either. Keep the 17.00 services which carries the most traffic, average 25-30 connection onto Limerick when I used it.

As for connections off Cork train, is demand high to justify such a large services, I have never saw double numbers connect. Oh and there is at least 2 trains doing the limerick shuttle.

As I said greater efficiency can and needs to be delivered.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote