View Single Post
Unread 08-04-2016, 14:47   #185
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howard View Post
Am I correct in assuming that RUI has no official standing and that submitting a list like this has as much effect as our own personal submissions. Mark's comments are excellent and I personally submitted a subset of these that were almost exactly the same.

I find it utterly absurd that there is no official response from Irish Rail regarding passenger concerns with timetables. Some of us spend far more time on trains than any senior Irish Rail manager and we'll often see things going awry in the same place at the same time every day for years. Yet nobody in Irish Rail pays any attention whatsoever to customers.

I get the distinct impression that every passenger submission on timetables goes straight into the round filing cabinet under somebody's desk. It would be a pity of an RUI submission was dealt with in the same manner as there really seems to be nobody looking after passenger interests
Given that the timetable change has been shelved for the moment, I'm not really sure what response you'd expect them to issue?

One would assume that there would have been an updated schedule taking into account as many of the opinions as possible, and I'd have expected a similar summary of submissions as the NTA do to their consultations, but given that the change isn't actually taking place there's not much point in doing that right now surely?
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote