View Single Post
Unread 01-08-2013, 10:51   #53
laoisfan
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACustomer View Post
laoisfan: are you serious? The morning train up from Limerick via Nenagh returns to Ballybrophy at about 1000am. The 0900 Dublin-Cork stops at Portlaoise and Ballybrophy and gives a quick connection to Limerick via Nenagh, arriving in Limerick at about 1200 (or slightly later). But if you stay on the Dublin-Cork train and change at Limerick Junction, you will be in Limerick at about 1115am.

Plus, all that assumes that there is a train available in Portlaoise to do the trip.
Yes I am serious.

And not assuming at all. There are plenty of trains available in Portlaoise to do the trip. A 3-carriage train would be more than sufficient to do the job.

I'm blue in the face saying this....not all signs have to point towards Dublin.

If Irish Rail got off their ar$e and used a bit of imagination to drum up business this might actually work.

The same goes for an early morning service from Dublin to Cork. Fair enough, currently the demand is not there. If I was the Irish Rail CEO I'd be asking my minions how do we generate the demand. I would not be waiting for the demand to suddenly appear.

Could you imagine being able to commute daily from say Thurles into Cork City and working in the City Center or perhaps Mahon....wow...imagination.
laoisfan is offline   Reply With Quote