View Single Post
Unread 29-03-2007, 15:04   #1
Brian.Stokes

Default New intercity railcars & Galway

I attended a Transport 21 meeting for the Mid West the other day in Limerick and a few things caught my eye.

1) That they have some of the new trains in Limerick at the moment (am trying to swing a visit on one) but they couldn't say beyond the line "early next year" when the city would be benefiting from these fine new trains. Any idea what the roll out time will be for the Mid West.

2) Being full aware that this noble message board and it's contributors have many views on the WRC, the "official" time was 1 hr 50 mins from Limerick to Galway. Now there was some talk of this being the max time but is that not quite slow? I believe a lot of the level crossing are being dealt or have i understand incorrectly?

There was a rep from the NRA at the meeting and when she saw the Limerick - Galway travel time, the smirk was difficult to hide. I was told though after the meeting that this time would be improved on by the time the service begins.

So thats a brief few bits of the rail issues that were addressed, there was stuff on Nenagh and Patrickswell and the changes to the Junction.

Anything i should look out for on the new trains?
Brian.Stokes is offline   Reply With Quote