View Single Post
Unread 18-09-2010, 10:48   #48
iknowwhereiamgoing
New to the board

Unhappy Not Suggesting a Totally Heritage Solution

I think there is some confusion in the last comment I made. I am in no way suggesting that this line could be totally maintained and run as a totally heritage operation. 35 miles and a major expensive to maintain bridge is beyond a mainly volunteer operation. All I was suggesting that the line's scenic qualities would to suitable for special trains in the summer months to augment a normal timetabled service. (For example the West Highland Line in Scotland) In no way am I opposed to a private company running this line or any other for that matter as long as a decent service is offered. I want to see the network flourish whether by private or public means. I would also like to see the Athenry - Tuam - Claremorris (western Rail Corridor) opened ASAP and the Midleton - Youghal commuter line. (That line is a more suitable candidate for a heritage operation but once again I would rather see it as a normal line with a heritage add on) You seem sure that the Waterford - Rosslare would be maintained in good condition as it was not closing. I beleive that the line to Youghal was not officially closed but look at the state of it now!!
iknowwhereiamgoing is offline   Reply With Quote