Thread: New Timetable
View Single Post
Unread 09-11-2009, 18:14   #163
ThomasJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerM View Post
I couldn't care less on the train type anyway or taking any kind of connector DART if it commenced at Greystones only. If I have to stay in Dublin later than 18:30 (Yes IE, shocker that this happens I know!) I have to get a Bus Eireann bus to Wicklow town and get picked up from there. All at the cost of another ticket and reliant on someone being around to pick me up!
I remember talking to a manager at IE a year or two ago and when he had mention that off-peak services were less busy. When I mentioned that the likes of the 19:00, 19:30 20:00 and 21:00 even the 21:55 to Maynooth were doing well he pointed out to me that they were peak hour services! He had pointed out that the lifestyle and work patterns of passengers had changed and they had to change with it. These services are quiet often all seats taken with people standing. You'll notice none of them have been chopped.

I took the 23:10 pearse maynooth 3 times last week and while not packed to the rafters there were very few seats left!

You would have thought that this sort of demand on the Maynooth and Drogheda lines would have incentivised them to try the gorey and mullingar lines.I dont know why management are afraid of taking risks on the gorey and Mullingar lines. They should at least try it out leading up to christmas. they would be suprised.

Last edited by ThomasJ : 09-11-2009 at 18:29.
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote