Thread: New Timetable
View Single Post
Unread 27-11-2009, 20:37   #173
Artur

I had a strange situation with the new timetables yesterday. Went to Tara St. station to ask for them and I was told that they are not printed any more as part of 'cutbacks' and I should go to the IR website and - if I wanted - print them from there. I thought it was a joke at first but the man was dead serious.

This wouldn't be such a bad idea in the end but you can't print them in the same format yourself - it's a pdf with one 'strip' on each page and the original printout has three (the page is bigger than A4 as well).

Couldn't really believe it so I went to Connolly and - surprise, surprise - got one easily. This time I was told that they're being dispatched at the moment and should be there at every station once they get theirs.

So the first information was completely wrong and potentially damaging to IR reputation: the posters on stations and in trains say that the new timetable 'is available from your local station' so if you go there and learn that this is not true, understandably you are likely to call that crowd 'a bunch of dirty liars' straight away.

Does it mean you can get something from IR only if you're really stubborn and don't believe what their employees tell you? Is this somewhere in their customer charter, I wonder?
Artur is offline   Reply With Quote