View Single Post
Unread 08-12-2012, 19:04   #1
AlexderFranke
New to the board

Default Sight from outside/Breathnú ó thaobh amuigh

I have been in Ireland a few times as an outlandish wayfarer and would like to point out what I have heeded within the Irish rail framework.

A good point is that cheapened online fares may be truly catched. In Germany, cheapened tickets are often quickly sold out before the time to buy before is run out. If you want to get a cheapened ticket, you have often to book a train more than one week before. In Ireland, cheapened tickets are well getsome.
Furthermore, cheapened fares are getsome for almost all trains between towns and cities other than DART and Cork outskirt trains. In Germany, there are some long routes with pricing alike DART without cheap tickets for
alone-wayfarers.

The Irish rail timetables have almost all the great lack of trains in the later evening. In many countries in Europe, there are trains on most routes up til midnight, on main routes even almost round the clokc. This is true not only for Irish trains, but for Bus Éireann as well. Trains every hour at the same minute are lacking, too, on most train links.

The pricing of online fares could be bettered. I have heeded that cheapened fares are almost only getsome on wayfares on routes to and from Dublin. For the sake of winning more wayfarers on train, truly cheapened tickets ought to be getsome for links between towns other than those that are on one route to and from Dublin. The prices for cheapened tickets ought to be set alone by the span of kilometres, for byspell 0 - 100 km = 10 € 100 - 200 km = 15 € and above 200 km = 20 € if booked 3 days before. This will get more wayfarers into the trains who would otherwise go by bus only.

I have heeded that fares to Kerry and Cork are outstandingly high game off against other wayfares on train. Before, there were 10 € off-peak tickets from and to Kerry and Cork, too. But now, only 25 € tickets are getsome. I wonder why? Why did they not keep 10 € tickets on off-peak trains on all routes?

Alex
AlexderFranke is offline   Reply With Quote