Thread: Sail & Rail
View Single Post
Unread 28-05-2015, 08:46   #234
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howard View Post
I wasn't very much impressed with UK rolling stock when I did the sail rail through Holyhead last year. The bulk of the journey was on a Virgin Super Voyager which looked pretty flash outside but was extremely cramped on the inside. The only advantage over the 22k was in noise but that was somewhat overcome by the idiot sat next to me yammering away on his mobile for 2 and a half hours.

Irish Rail may be miles behind on passenger amenities but in terms of general comfort the 22k is miles ahead of any of the three trains I took on that journey. If only they could roster them more effectively so that we weren't clunking down to Longford on them while passengers are crammed into 22k vestibules like sardines on the Dunboyne run.
I remember that post.

The train that you took (the 09:10 Euston-Holyhead) is usually 2 5 car Voyagers all the way to Holyhead which would mean it should not be cramped - it sounded like it was only one voyager on the day you took it?

As for the guy talking loudly on his mobile - could you not take matters into your own hands and maybe ask him to tone it down? I certainly wouldn't put up with that.
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote