View Single Post
Unread 16-06-2012, 18:10   #2
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

I was on it and it was a discrase. Its by far the worst over the last while. Service was full leaving Heuston. There was a group of 12 to 16 lads going to Waterford. They started drinking since Heuston. They were shouting and roaring thw whole journey. Around Athy/Carlow they started playing loud misic and a passengers asked if they would turn it off. THe whole train could hear them and people were getting pissed off by now. They did turn it off but one or two started shouting verbal abuse at the women. At Carlow I can't be certain but I think one of them touched another women who was getting off and that turned into another shouting match. Then between Carlow and Ballyhale it was the usual making noise and still drinking. Around half of them smoked and they had to get a smoke when they could which was at Athy, Carlow, Kilkenny. The train stopped in Ballyhalw and they thaught they were at a station and got the smokes out. When they realised they were not. Then they started to smoke on the train and in the WC. The whole train then filled with smoke especially 2 carrages and the air condition couldn't get rid of it and passengers had to breath in smoke between Ballyhale and Waterford. I and others had chest pains as it was just constent smoke, it became very hard to breath as the air con just couildn't get it cleared from the carrage. A number of passengers pressed the emergancy intercom and they got no reply and I did also just to see if there was no reply and there wasn't also sent a tweet to IR but nothing back as per.

In Waterford other and I told a member of staff about it and I said I wanted the CCTV downloaded and given to station manager in Waterford and Customer Relations in Dublin by Monday morning. A few people told them what happening and I said and the same will happen again as they were returning tomorrow and I was told that there was security on the 13.05, 15.05 and 18.05. I said whats the point of having them onboard when they allow passengers to drink and say nothing. The response I got was we're very sorry and they will be talking to them in the morning and make sure that any passengers with drink onbaord will be removed at the next station. I then said why is it just sundays there is a drink ban when its the same people who drink going down on Friday or Saturday or is passenger saftey only a sunday concern. I got no answer but was told the manager would be in contact about it during the week. My final response was you never do anything about it so why start now and that was greeted by silance.

Last edited by Jamie2k9 : 16-06-2012 at 18:12.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote