View Single Post
Unread 17-11-2009, 00:03   #6
Cllr Joe Ryan
New to the board

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUMB LOCO View Post
Cllr Joe Ryan's piece is nonsensical, the last thing we need is a new station in Wexford - it would probably be a replica of the 'thing' at Rosslare Harbour. There is no need for car parking at Wexford but there is a need for a properly marketed rail service to and from Waterford, Dublin etc and if politicians like him don't get off their.....hinds they needn't worry about a new railway station as the rail service will have been removed.
What is nonsensical about providing passengers with parking at Wexford when some who wish to travel by train to Waterford already drive to Wellington Bridge where there is plenty of parking space? Can't understand why the travelling public haven't the right to a decent level of service and all that goes with that in Co Wexford. We'll just have to disagree but there's plenty of space for a redevelopent at Wexford O'Hanrahan to include integrated rail and bus and car parking on idel land. Bus Eireann made a huge mistake in Waterford moving across the bridge to the Quays, I cannot understand what's nonsensical about my proposals.

I don't know whether you're referring to the former Europort station at Rosslare where passengers could get a meal or the new station (or nowhere port as its called by some locals) at Rosslare Harbour.

On the point of incentivising Irish Rail to develop freight, Its clear to me that IE have no interest in developing freight. Incentivising an organisation where there is no will is not the optimal use of resources and time. Its also clear that a political decision nees to be made now on the matter and not a business one. If the will is there on the part of the minister then it can be so.

Last edited by Cllr Joe Ryan : 17-11-2009 at 00:06.
Cllr Joe Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote