View Single Post
Unread 26-11-2011, 22:20   #19
ThomasJ

Default clonsilla update

Just to give you an update on whats going on at clonsilla station at the moment

In the station i was looking down at the new platform and track being constructed at the moment, its a bit of a mess at the moment but it does like the platform has been built. No sign of work starting on the new entrance or the overbridge as of yet or any other major work to the station as of yet.

(One side note: with regards to the pis screens i see that the one on the citybound platform of ashtown station has being turned on and states testing ongoing. This wasnt the case before, it was the maynooth bound pis screen turned on before at ashtown.)

Outside the station the work is almost complete. There is more space on both roads heading towards the bridge. There is a large yellow box in the area before you cross the bridge and the way the road markings is setup tells me there is a signallised junction coming.

A bus shelter has now been put in place on the city bound side back where it was before the works but take note that it is still not in effect as of yet and buses are stopping at the temporary bus stop further down. Based on the road markings, it looks like the bus stop for the ongar bound side moves up to opposite the city bound bus stop, much closer to the station although it could cause problems for people getting buses up to the station if there is a signalised junction could hold up traffic.

There are car park spaces now on the opposite side further down towards ongar, not many. I suppose that will make up for the loss of spaces on the other side.
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote