View Single Post
Unread 09-04-2016, 13:27   #191
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9 View Post
I never said they couldn't have a position however it's very unlikely to have an impact. They have and continue to try make IE change/improve and do in lots of area's but to my knowledge haven't had much success or when they have it's take IE years to come round with scheduling.

Take Sunday service they have spent years calling for improvements and nothing really has happened or if RUI were against the 10 minute timetable, IE would go ahead if they could. Another example the new 06.15 ex Cork was raised (not that it would matter) and how it would impact schedules yet IE did nothing for about 2 months before it was fully sorted. When people who have zero experience with schedules could see the problems.

Timetables are 99.9% confirmed before they go to the public.

In some respects I understand why IE won't to x, y or z with schedules however some decisions would never get past unions and then others are pure unwillingness.

Take the petty change to Belfast services which are not needed but they won't tell NIR that, I'm sure the same applies here, they do not like been told how to schedule services and won't admit when maybe some valid points have been raised. If David Franks was doing his job he would tell middle management to cop on and tell NIR no changes are been implemented to Belfast services.

As for the final draft of the current schedule, we have saw it, you shouldn't believe any changes of more than 3-4 minutes were going to be made. You really give IE to much credit when it comes to scheduling.
Well I would prefer to be someone who waits until a final document is published before passing judgement, rather than jumping in with both feet first.

Personally I've found over the years that to be a far more sensible approach rather than making constant negative posts.
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote