View Single Post
Unread 22-12-2007, 11:34   #30
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Shields View Post
If they were to stop doing it, they would have to run less trains. Having said that, the loop line is not being used to its full potential.

I also think it would be better if the service was a new Intercity DMU running Longford to Roslare.

I got the impression you were getting on at Connolly, but it sounds like you're joining it at Pearse.

I'd guess there are probably a few Maynooth to Dun Laoghaire passengers.

My point was that cutting out some of the stops south of Pearse would make the service less viable. thinking you were going to Roslare and looking for an almost non-stop service.
I can completely understand why the present Gorey/Enniscorthy services orignates from Maynooth. I would be 100% with IE if they considered working Sligo/Dublin/Wexford for passengers from the Sligo side to continue on to Pearse or Dun Laoghaire or even Bray. Vise a versa for Rosslare users to Maynooth/Longford/Sligo.

My argument regards the Rosslare service is Maynooth it is not a terminus station. The present Rosslare/Maynooth operated since the introduction of the 2700 class Commuter trains, I want to ask if the 071's with the Mark II coaches were not taken from the line would IE have operated Rosslare/Maynooth with these 071's I dont think so.. I know when the Rosslare train hits Bray from Rosslare it then operates as Commuter and not the InterCity side of things. When the new 22000 trains come on want will the situation be then surly they cant keep going to Maynooth?
I board either at Connolly or Pearse but mostly Connolly....
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote