View Single Post
Unread 19-09-2011, 15:20   #9
Destructix
Really Regular Poster

I get that most people cant spell it especially the Eastern Europeans. But it is a waste of money if they have to re-brand every sign every station every locomotive carriage etc. Maybe two separate websites would work. They could have all the usual info etc on IarnródÉireann.ie and buy a domain name like Train.ie or traintickets.ie to sell tickets. alot of money is being wasted re branding some parts as Irish rail and others as Iarnród Éireann and of course the customer and tax payer(subsidies) end up footing the bill for it. It must really confuse tourists it having two different logos/names.

I actually got a shocking response from them today. Shocking as in the actually agreed with a customer.

ME====Templemore station needs a ticket machine. The station isn't very well staffed at times and most people have to collect tickets in Thurles. I really think Templemore being on the Dublin-Cork line needs a ticket machine.

Iarnród Éireann===You will be pleased to read that plans for a Ticket Vending Machine(TVM) at Templemore are at an advanced stage and a new machine will be installed in the coming weeks.
The hours of the Ticket Office in Templemore are 06.00 - 21.15 Monday to Saturday,
09.00 - 23.00 Sunday

Shame the staff going missing most times during these hours. I often had people come up to me on that platform panicking that the office was unattended. And with the IRC 22000 classes mostly serving Templemore you don't see staff selling tickets on the train.

Last edited by Destructix : 19-09-2011 at 15:26.
Destructix is offline   Reply With Quote