View Single Post
Unread 23-03-2008, 13:13   #10
Thomas Ralph
IT Officer

Default Where can't you book to and from?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOH View Post
Just tried to book seats from Connolly to Carrick on Shannon for tomorrow (Thursday) and got the message 'not allowed with this combination of stations'. Can you not book on the Sligo line?
Correct. Bookings aren't supported on services that are or may be operated by commuter sets, most journeys involving DARTs, non-cross-border services on the Enterprise unless they include a transfer from Heuston to Connolly, and a few others.

Edit: This one piqued my interest so I did a bit of poking around into the JavaScript validator on the website. I've attached a list of stations that if you type exactly these words into the reservation system on the Iarnród Éireann website, it'll reject it (ALL matches anything). However, typing in a variation on the station name will be enough to defeat the validation and allow a reservation - for example, Waterford to Dublin Connolly rejects, but Waterford to Connolly works, as does Waterford (Plunkett) to Dublin Connolly.

Also to actually get beyond the timetable screen or view the price of your ticket you have to have at least one seat reservation selected - ticket only won't work.

I don't think I need to say how ludicrous this is ;[
Attached Files
File Type: xls List of non-reservable station combinations.xls (19.0 KB, 538 views)

Last edited by Thomas Ralph : 23-03-2008 at 13:36. Reason: Add list of invalid combinations
Thomas Ralph is offline   Reply With Quote