View Single Post
Unread 04-11-2010, 03:28   #16
Colm Moore
Local Liaison Officer

http://reilly.ie/
Quote:
Why I back the Metro North Project.
19 October 2010

It will put 5,000 construction workers back to work in addition to helping to create 37,000 new jobs in Fingal .

• Labour Party Leader Eamon Gilmore, TD said on RTE radio (Sat 2ndOct) that the Metro North project “would be shot back” by the Labour Party.
• I reject labours negative attitude to jobs and public transport in Fingal
• I recently met the Metro North project managers, (RPA) where the costs were clearly outlined.
• The 5,000 Construction Jobs will save the Govt. €100 million per annum in Social Welfare

The potential for additional New Jobs
• A recent meeting of Dublin Airport Authority outlined a 5,000 job international hub project on a 22 acre site at the Airport. The Metro is a key driver of this project
• 37,000 Fingal Job Potential according to international Consultants Indecon

The Real Costs
• The ‘Build’ cost is 50% of the exaggerated figures as speculated on in the media.
• Metro north is affordable – will be paid for over 30 years.(via PPP investment)
• Backed by European Investment Bank
• First payment on build cost not due for 5 years.
• Cost Benefit Analysis for €1 invested we get €2 back.

Fine Gael Party leader Enda Kenny supports Metro North

“I am positively disposed to the Metro North Project which will deliver key transport connectivity to Dublin City and put 5,000 construction workers back to work. It will deliver 37,000 jobs according to Indecon economic consultants. Large infrastructure projects will be subject to assessment by Fine Gael when in Government” said Enda Kenny.

The Labour Party’s negative attitude shocks me. They say they will invest in jobs but when asked by RTE’s Marian Finucane on Sat 2nd October, about Metro North, Eamon Gilmore said “it would be shot back”

I say invest in Fingal Jobs – build the Metro North Project now

Deputy James Reilly TD
http://www.fiannafail.ie/news/entry/...r-metro-north/
Quote:
O’Brien welcomes green light for Metro North
Posted on 28/10/10 by Darragh O’Brien O’Brien welcomes green light for Metro North

Dublin North T.D. Darragh O’Brien has welcomed the decision of An Bord Pleanála to grant planning permission for Metro North, describing it as the most important infrastructural development in the capital.

“Metro North is an extremely important project which will create at least 6,000 construction jobs and has the potential to create and sustain 37,000 jobs in business investment.”

“The case for the Metro North is solid. Fingal is the fastest growing county in Ireland. The approval given today reinforces the economic corridor from North County Dublin through to the city centre and this is the reason many businesses have chosen to locate in the area around Dublin Airport and in North Dublin recently. There is incredible confidence among our international partners and we must deliver on this project to ensure further investments into the future.”

“An Bord Pleanála has approved the Metro from the Estuary stop in Swords to St Stephen’s Green. The decision includes the provision of an underground link from the city centre to Ballymun where the line will cross the M50 on a bridge.”

“I note conditions have been attached to the decision which include that three of the stations that were initially proposed have not received planning permission, at Belinstown (depot, stop and park and ride), Lissenhall and Seatown.”

“In May, the Vice President of the European Investment Bank Plutarchos Sakellaris described Metro as a ‘significant contribution to sustainable urban transport in the greater Dublin area and will be the backbone for a future integrated public transport network’. This is a major endorsement and came along with a loan commitment of €500m from the EIB for the Metro work.”

“The economic boost to the country from the construction of Metro North will be significant. The exchequer will also benefit from reduced construction costs.”

“Two PPP tenders have been short-listed, Celtic Metro Group and Metro Express. The RPA will make a final decision on these two consortia over the coming weeks. The enabling works for Metro North will begin in the Spring and I look forward to seeing that work get underway,” concluded Deputy O’Brien.