View Single Post
Unread 28-02-2012, 22:56   #1
Lyle Langley
New to the board

Default Speed on Luas red line

As a red line user the general non-luas of the tram roughly from Bluebell to town is really frustrating at times. Apologies if I am going over old areas discussed but can anyone explain -
- why there is (ludicrously) Rialto and Fatima stops a football pitch apart (one of them is my stop and I would happily wish it gone if it the less-used of the two)... was this tied in with the Herberton development?
- could the Museum stop be closed outside museum hours?
- could Drimnagh/Golden Bridge stops be serviced by alternate trams (ie Sagart serves one, Tallaght the other?)
- could it be ever possible to make much of it from Fatima to town under-ground (the delays are ultra-frustrating in traffic, particularly around bus aras and also the tram has to snake much of the way due to the twists of the line).

Finally I think it is utterly absurd that the ticket inspectors stick out like a foreigner in Pyonyang. Why in the name of God are they so obvious in their orange clad!? If you tried not to pay the fare on a tram, it is nearly impossible not to get away with it if you play your cards right.

Thanks for any posts.
Lyle Langley is offline   Reply With Quote