View Single Post
Unread 08-11-2012, 00:42   #3
Inniskeen
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Gleeson View Post
It takes 2 staff to take ANY train cross border, for evening peak hour there would be no spare trains in Drogheda they would be in Dublin quite rightly, in the morning there is spare in Drogheda which has numerous times filled in for the early enterprise.

15:55 Bray Howth was broadly on time leaving Connolly but started to loose time on the north side due a technical fault on one of the trains. A pantograph contact strip seemed to be missing or worn through on one coach so the train lurched badly under acceleration

Anyone on the 15:20 today going cross border is entitled to full refund of any ticket
If the facts are as I understand them (i.e train failed on the northbound platform at Drogheda with no other attendant circumstances) then Irish Rail treated their passengers with contempt, either through indifference, incompetence or lack of reasonable contingency planning. Irrespective of how many staff are required to crew a cross-border service, any outfit that thinks a performance like this is acceptable or excusable doesn't have a bright future.

Incidentally NIR were able to provide a substitute train for the 1810 from Belfast. It crawled into Connolly behind yet another late running DART.

Also from what I understand the northern line peak commuter services were a mess yet again with, for instance the infamously slow 1755 to Dundalk taking a little short of two hours to reach its destination.

And Irish Rail wonders why people are choosing other modes of transport.
Inniskeen is offline   Reply With Quote