View Single Post
Unread 21-09-2012, 11:01   #27
AdiB
New to the board

Hi all, new to the forum. Have finally, after nearly 2 years managed to get my taxsaver ticket and changed my hours to commute carrick-on-shannon to sligo, and now they're thinking of getting rid of trains. I think they should just move the times of some of these trains. I have had to change my hours to 10.30 to 6.30 so that i can get to sligo on the first train and home on the last! How rediculous is that. For what is supposedly a city, there is no public transport that arrives before 10am. This to a place that has a hospital, college, some big businesses and schools. They would see far greater numbers if they put some commuter trains on this part of the line. By getting a taxsaver ticket I will be saving myself almost 50euros a week (even though a point to point annual ticket for this part of the country is 2690 compared to about a 1000 less if you're near dublin), they should be publicising this information. The only people able to use the current timetable have free passes, no wonder they're loosing money!
AdiB is offline   Reply With Quote