View Single Post
Unread 18-10-2016, 12:39   #296
berneyarms
Really Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howard View Post
The reason I went to the barrier was that as I had joined the train at Edgeworthstown where I couldn't tag on, my understanding was that I would have been travelling without a ticket if I boarded a northbound DART.

@berneyarms I suspected that was the case that the system wasn't able to cope.

The customer service agent for leap wasn't able to explain to me that what I was doing wasn't possible. She suggested I just boarded the DART without doing anything which to me just seems wrong.

What's particularly annoying was that I was told I no longer needed my old leap card so as it was a photo one, I cancelled it and got my credit refunded. I guess I'll have to organise myself with a second card. The leap card really is quite a mess.
To be honest it is the funding for public transport and consequently the fare structure that is the problem.

LEAP has to work around that.

The simple solution is just have one card for your period pass and a second for the epurse - that's the only work around I'm afraid.

In the greater scheme of things your situation, while not uncommon, is a minority of LEAP users, and unless the fare structure changes to a zonal one there's not likely to be an alternative solution.
berneyarms is offline   Reply With Quote