View Single Post
Unread 11-04-2007, 10:21   #7
Jister

I got the train from Ennis to Limerick last Saturday for the first time. Actual time was about 32 minutes even though its timetabled for 40. There was a delay of a few minutes as we crawled through the Limerick yard from the Childers road in. Sixmilebridge is roughly halfway and if you can go from Sixmilebridge to Limerick in 15 minutes then you are on a winner, because with a car it takes about 10-15 minutes to get to the Coonagh roundabout and it can be another 15-20 minutes into town.

This was my first time travelling this line and overall I was impressed, but they need to sort access to Limerick station so that the journey can be brought down. When I was going home the Ennis train arriving appeared to be delayed by the shunting of an IC train in the station, hopefully the IC railcars will end this problem.

There was a lot of new stock parked around the station, along with many container wagons and other bits and pieces. Surely the can run a third track straight in from Ennis directly so that they can speed things up a bit?
Jister is offline   Reply With Quote