View Single Post
Unread 11-01-2012, 20:25   #28
karlr42

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter t View Post
Thanks. Yes I bought it on-line but recieved no instruction about having to activate it, nor could I find any message related to card activation on the website when I checked again just now. It's probably there somewhere but well hidden. Why can't the card be activated on-line? Inspite of two attempts at topping up there was never any indication given as to why it wasn't working or what I should do.

Are they deliberately trying to make it as user unfriendly as possible and why weren't these shortcomings detected during the trial period?
I got an email from Leap after a couple of failed top ups and refunds, copied below

Quote:
Dear Customer

Thank you for attempting to Top Up your free Leap Card online. Your Top Up has been unsuccessful and your payment card will be refunded in full.

In order to activate your new Leap Card, for your first transaction you will need to Top Up at a Luas Ticket Machine or a Leap Card agent; see www.payzone.ie to find your nearest agent. Once you have Topped Up for the first time you will then be able to use your card as normal, including purchasing online Top Ups.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you have any further queries, do not hesitate to contact us at 1850 824 824.

Yours sincerely
I think I only got this email because I have a "free" card that I got for exchanging my IE smartcard(which I still use, BTW, since activating this card is too much hassle)
karlr42 is offline   Reply With Quote