Thread: Train late
View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2008, 14:24   #16
Thomas J Stamp
Chairman/Publicity

This entire thing is a joke. I have spoken before of stopping Rosslare Trains in Pearse, the more I think about it the more I think they actually stop in Bray. This may become a reality post Interconnector, in fact.

Think about it, in any decent system the Rosslare trains would be segregated all the wway into the city, four track or even three tracked. Same on the Northern line. In fact IE are doing this with the KRP. They cant do this on the DART line, there is no room. The DART was a model idea when it started, it was s set system much like the Luas is. It was only when they started shoving trains from Rosslare, Droug and Mullingar into the system that things ended up as bollocked up as they are now.

If you have a proper singaling system, and DARTS every 2 min during rush hour you would stop all Railcars at Howth Junction and Bray and there would be capacity in the system. As I said, post interconnector, post DASH2, this is maybe what you'll get. Maybe you'll get what DART is actually supposed to stand for - Rapid Transit. In this vein, not extending the DART line to Drougheda/Dundalk is nuts. As nuts as stopping the KRP in Hazelhatch actually.

Edit to add:

This is of course breaking my own rule on infrastructural posts. It's Friday after all. I'll move all such to the members section over the weekend.