View Single Post
Unread 05-05-2014, 12:40   #11
Jamie2k9
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
30 seconds is nowhere near enough to get off an ICR if you are in the middle of a car and it suddenly pulls into your station with no warning. It takes me twice as long to pack up my laptop and get ready to leave and I've been doing it 4 times a week for 10 years.

Also, there is no train back down from Enfield after the 1800 up-train so she would be stuck with trying her luck with a bus or a taxi.

That's a good point regarding Connolly station and tourists. Most trains actually display "Connolly Station" - why not "Dublin Connolly" which is shorter. It is a train so is self-evident that it is going to a station. Where's it going to go, Connolly Ice-cream parlour?

Again, the notice saying X-hundred euro fine for misuse could easily scare somebody into keeping quiet in this case. Who is to say what is misuse and is it going to be different if the driver has had a row with his wife the same day?
The 30 seconds could easily not be totally correct and for example if it was 45 or 50 seconds stopped. Mark can you access the train data?

I don't believe there is a notice about fines for the intercom beside it and the driver would not have the power to say you have being fined and to be honest there has not being any such case reported in the media so I expect IE have never collected a penny for such fines. The same with the smoking fines.

I agree that Dublin Connolly should be displayed and the same at Heuston which doesn't happen however the Mark 4 sets use Dublin Heuston.
Jamie2k9 is offline   Reply With Quote