View Single Post
Unread 19-10-2016, 09:29   #298
Kilocharlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howard View Post
So if Leap card doesn't work for me, why the hell did they migrate my TaxSaver on it and say that I didn't need my old leap card? Surely it doesn't take even more that the 55 million euro they've already had to be able to advise customers properly.

There are thousands of people using point-to-point TaxSaver tickets who have occasional need of the epurse so this is not a particularly tiny edge-case. Whatever about such a basic requirement being missed in the original software development plan, their customer service agents should at least be aware of the issue.

There is also the matter that I've probably been ripped off several times before for this without noticing. So they are basically making extra money from this flaw in the system.
Exactly the same issue I raise a few weeks ago when the Kildare (County) - GCD service starts. The only solution is to have to 2 leap cards in the Integrated ticketing system. The real issue was the decision to migrate the point-to-point tickets to Leap which is causing these anomalies.
There is no issue at present with Heuston side as there is no overlap between point-to-point and DART/Commuter. This will change with the PPT service.
Kilocharlie is offline   Reply With Quote