View Single Post
Unread 07-01-2014, 14:13   #20
laoisfan
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Howard View Post
Perhaps you should join RUI so that you could have a say on the procedures and practices of the organisation.

Personally, I am happy to see a more robust style being adopted by RUI officers. This is contrary to the normal pattern of representative organisations in Ireland where everyone gets buddy-buddy with officialdom and eventually just goes native and join the gravy-train.

It is quite obviously absurd that there was no consultation done on this as is the case for most things on the rail network. As people who spends considerably more time using trains than most Irish Rail managers, the users have a valid contribution to make and can usually spot things that have been missed when changes are made. You can either describe this lack of consultation and resulting anomalies as a mistake or as deliberate - calling it a goof is fairly mild compared to the language I would have chosen.

Perhaps I am also pointing out the obvious, but RUI is not a professional body - it is voluntary and as such does not need to be held to professional standards. The same is not the case for Irish Rail who regularly behave in an very amateur manner.
Here here.
laoisfan is offline   Reply With Quote