View Single Post
Unread 05-12-2011, 08:31   #8
finnyus

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2200DMU View Post
Just wondered does anyone know what the loads tend to be like on the route. Today I was on the 08.55 from Limerick Junction on arrival into Waterford there was between 60-70 passengers on it. About 40 got on in Carric on Suir. Is this normal?

Never thaught I would see the day there would be standing room only on the service.
I was one of the 40+ who boarded the 0855 at Carrick-on-Suir. I was shocked to see the amount of ppl on it, but the week before was the same. I came back on the 1140 Waterford - Limerick Junction. There were 5 ppl on board, my brother and I, another passenger, the driver and the ticket seller. There was no scheduled connection from the 09.10(?) Heuston - Waterford, as there were delays due to the engineering works between Kilkenny and Muine Bheag. 2 got out at Carrick and 2 got on.

There is currently one automatic half-barrier level crossing on the line, at Ballydine, between Clonmel and Carrick. This is currently being converted into a 4-barrier level crossing, more than likely controlled from either Carrick or Clonmel. There is also works happening at Fiddown level crossing, the nature of, I am not sure.

F.
finnyus is offline   Reply With Quote