View Single Post
Unread 29-05-2006, 09:45   #14
BrianG
New to the board

Quote:
Only when an Enterprise loco breaks down (very rare nowadays thank goodness) that a nice Mk2 set is put on. So rare in fact that I've only had to use one in replacement of the Enterprise in five years.
A Mk2 set appears on the Enterprise service fairly often. Below, an IE Mk2 set at Belfast Central on 22/05/06, operating the Enterprise for the second day in a week. These sets aren't that bad. The service offered on them is better than some other substitution services.

Quote:
You lads seem to use the Enterprise Service a lot, so here's an interesting question. Can you notice the differnce in customer service between those Enterprise trains staffed form Belfast and Connolly and what would that difference be?
I use the Enterprise at least four-five times a week, out and return. More often than not, the automated announcements are not working, so the most noticable difference is the twang of their public announcements (when they bother doing them). Announcements by IE staff are considerably more abrupt, though, offering minimal information. Belfast staff usually welcome passengers onto the train and after giving journey information, wish them a safe and pleasant journey. I have heard Dublin staff do this too, but one Belfast manager in particular does this every time. Others do not bother.

The staff from both Dublin and Belfast are generally quite friendly and professional when approached and when generally carrying out duties, however, it is possible to meet the odd rude one from either end.

Last edited by BrianG : 29-05-2006 at 17:19.
BrianG is offline   Reply With Quote