View Single Post
Unread 24-09-2015, 17:12   #16
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

This situation is beyond a joke at this point. It is utterly absurd for the Government to be passing out tax cuts at this point in the recovery when we've gone five years without any significant infrastructure investment. Dublin and Lisbon are almost exactly the same population - is it a co-incidence that the WebSummit is just buggering off to the city with a proper transport infrastructure?

I really dread to think what state the city is going to be in after a couple more years of growth. I seriously think we can forget about the further development of the "Silicon Docks" area given how difficult it is to get in and out of the eastern side of the city centre by any means other than rail. With the proposed closure to traffic of parts of the quays it will become all but impossible to access the eastern city centre by car from the west.

While we might be pleasantly surprised at the outcome of the PPT opening to traffic, I have serious doubts about Irish Rail's ability to keep the loop line rolling at 20 trains each way per hour - new signalling system or not.
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote