View Single Post
Unread 03-12-2015, 21:55   #5
Dublin13
Regular Poster

Sorry to bump this up, but what is the story with the large number of gates which are always open pretty much all day long during the week?

Fare evasion from what I've seen in recent weeks evasion has become more and more common with barriers that are broken not being fixed and Irish Rail just leaving them open all of the time instead?

What's more perplexing is that half the barriers (the right hand side ones after entering the station) have been pretty much off every day for the last year with no chance to use them in either direction some of them are dirty in the need of a good clean as well and also being targeted by vandals from time to time. I've never seen them used.

To illustrate what I saw happened last night to a customer with a LEAP card, they present their ticket at one validator, which makes an error sound but the screen shows a tag off. Passenger then isn't sure so goes to the barrier next to it, which gives an error tone as well and it's screen is blank, the passenger then goes to the third barrier (with a blocked up ticket slot) and finally gets the "Just Validated" message.

At Clongriffin the barriers have been open all day every day for the last month even when staff have been present and people are openly talking about being able to tail-gate easily at one end and know that they'll never have to present a ticket at Clongriffin and the gates are always open even when staffed, alternatively they could just fix the barriers or turn the other ones on.

Last edited by Dublin13 : 03-12-2015 at 22:01.
Dublin13 is offline   Reply With Quote