View Single Post
Unread 17-01-2014, 17:20   #128
James Howard
Really Really Regluar Poster

Here is an interesting little tidbit from the Rail Fares determination for this year that I cannot find any reference to anywhere else apart from a post on boards.ie. I'm not sure if the lack of info on the taxsaver site is just because they haven't gotten around to it or because they would like the trial to fail.

Personally, I would jump at the chance to add bus access to my annual pass for 200 euro (what it would be Edgeworthstown on a pro-rata basis). The last bus is at 11PM so I would be able to go out for a few pints after work.

Quote:
Integrated Bus Éireann and Iarnród Éireann ticket:
The Authority has decided to introduce an integrated Bus Éireann / Iarnród Éireann ticket on a pilot basis in 2014. These tickets can be introduced where there is both a Bus Éireann service and an Iarnród Éireann service serving the same locations. The integrated tickets will be rolled out on the Dublin / Kilcock, Dublin / Enfield and Dublin / Mullingar routes in 2014 with a view to extending the number of locations subject to its successful operation on these routes.
The taxsaver price will be €3,307.50 as opposed to €3,150 for train only. So if you have taxsaver and are paying the top-rate it will cost about €70 out of pocket.

Prices are on Page 21.
http://www.nationaltransport.ie/wp-c...ation-No-1.pdf
James Howard is offline   Reply With Quote