Thread: NEW TRAINS!
View Single Post
Unread 17-09-2007, 17:09   #20
paddyb180285
Regular Poster

I think this site mentioned at one stage that by the end of Transport 21 Gorey will be serviced by trains, 2 times an hour on Peak and hourly off peak.How is this possible when the line is single track from Bray southwards?I know there are passing loops along this stretch.However,this won't be enough for the proposed frequencies despite better signalling.I think doubling this track should be the next entry in IE's investment plans.For the new trains its a case of "all of that horse power and no room to gallop".Also,"2 trains an hour on peak and hourly off peak" till what time?The current 6:30 PM?Another thread in this forum mentioned that trains south of pearse are running at capacity.Surely some Bray/Greystones bound DARTs will have to be sacrificed in order to free up slots to acheive the proposed frequencies.For instance,don't do a 15:58 Connolly-Bray (ex Longford) on it and have it tightly squeezed between two DART services.Otherwise,they would end up going so slow.On that note,if it is going to be slow then it isn't in a mad rush.Therefore,it can aford to serve a few more stations instead of very slowy passing those stations.
paddyb180285 is offline   Reply With Quote