View Single Post
Unread 28-02-2012, 19:58   #159
doherty jack
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnyus View Post
Had planned to sample the 0515 Limerick - Heuston on 05. March, however using irishrail.ie that service does not appear, unless I am traveling from any other station except Limerick. So, currently on irishrail.ie, you cannot book 0515 Limerick - Heuston from the following stations:
- Limerick (Colbert)
- Castleconnell
- Birdhill
- Cloughjordan
- Roscrea

The stations on the Nenagh line (except Limerick & Ballybrophy) have no ticket vending machines, so I can understand why it is not currently possible to book tickets online for those stations. Nenagh, I assume will get the purchased online tickets from Thurles, similar to what happened when the GAA spl operated over the line back in September.
the stations had computers up to a few years ago but staff wernt trained to use them so sent back to thurles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traincustomer View Post
Does the "use it or lose it" pertain solely to the 05.15 or to all services on the line?

Personally I feel the "use it or lose it" concept should be made quite explicit by IE and the local group/s. It can't do any harm and indeed is fair in many respects on all sides. In that I mean putting the fact in clear language, words like "trial", "your support" etc... on posters at every station.

To draw a parallel - across in Wales the new local trains to Fishguard are for a three year trial and this fact and the attendant need to support them seems very well known and appreciated by the local community there.

A clear step by step process which is transparent is needed in these sort of things.

To ensure fairness from all sides though the Limerick commuter situation should be addressed and finer details as per dowlingm's post addressed.
as part of the Nenagh rail partnership , we are putting up posters the disused shopfronts in towns & villages along the line to promote it , also a poster has been cabled tied to the gates at Roscrea & Nenagh stations reading (roscrea) Roscrea -dublin , adult day return ,E24.50......(Nenagh) Nenagh - Dublin ,adult dat return ,E26.00
doherty jack is offline   Reply With Quote