View Single Post
Unread 05-03-2008, 22:18   #22
chris
Regular Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Shields View Post
I think there should be some acceptable leyway. My suggestion of 3 days was to allow for months like this one that start on Saturday, but a better solution would be as another poster suggested, a few hours into the first working day of the month. This would also spread the rush of people buying new tickets.
Here's an idea. Allow people 3 days grace on tickets from the previous month to spread the load of people buying them. When you get a new monthly, you have to present the old one, and it is valid from the start of the month (i.e. if you buy it on Day 3 of the grace period, it is only valid for another 27 days). Increase the price of one-off monthlies marginally to stop people taking advantage. Potentially decrease the price of these renewed monthlies by a corresponding amount so there are no complaints that IE benefits financially from the new system.

This could be a problem in unmanned/poorly staffed stations, but shouldn't pose any difficulty for certain specific journeys, e.g. Dundalk/Drogheda-Connolly

Last edited by chris : 05-03-2008 at 22:21. Reason: Additional Information
chris is offline   Reply With Quote