Thread: gadget zone
View Single Post
Unread 04-01-2009, 03:12   #1
ThomasJ

Default gadget zone

Hey guys happy new year!

Just thought i'd create a gadget thread since something cropped up.

The first thing is I am today posting from a new netbook I bought over christmas it is a samsung NC10
http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/detail/detail.do?group=itbusiness&type=notebookcomputers& subtype=nseries&model_cd=NC10RH/XEU

This is a great netbook for me because its small and has a long battery life, it means I can use the internet and report any incidents/delays/cancellations while i am on the move.

Is anyone here the owner of a netbook of any sort, what do you think of them? Will notebooks overtake the notebooks as most popular? FYI a netbook is a small notebook that does not have a internal CD/DVD drive.

The other thing is that at a recent drinks session I heard one of my mates be called a geek because of his fondness for gadgets and the whole tech wars aspect etc, I had to laugh though on the basis that the person who was jokingly slagging him off was the owner of a mobile phone, an ipod and a laptop which all would require some sort of "technical" knowledge to work them surely?

I'd say there are not many people who can boast not to own a gadget of any sort Iam sure that some of you would have been the owners of new gadgets over christmas whether it being a games console down to a music player so the questions I am wondering:

- Should an owner of many gadgets be called a geek?

- What is your favourite and most important gadgets?

- Could you live without gadgets?

I know that these are not the greatest of questions given RUI is an online website but these could be directed at nearly everyone- male, female, young and old
ThomasJ is offline   Reply With Quote