Thread: Clonmel station
View Single Post
Unread 17-11-2012, 14:38   #23
dowlingm
Really Really Regluar Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructix View Post
If the rumors are true and the mk4s will be only serving Dublin-Thurles-Mallow-Cork with less stops at the Junction then what how will people in Cork get to Limerick? Cross the bridge in Thurles then wait for a 22k? Unless more Clonmel-Limerick services will be introduced I don't see this plan succeeding.
To be honest I doubt Cork-Limerick-Cork IE share is that hectic with Cork, Mallow and Charleville all served by direct and very frequent bus service. IE could gain an advantage with an early arrival in Cork as part of a new early ex Heuston but BE would have the option to respond.

Thurles could benefit from more direct trains since the road options between there and Limerick are not good (last time I looked BE doesn't serve the town centre in any direction), which is likely why IE thought the Thurles commuter service would be popular.

A diminution of LJ would suck for Tipperary town, Mitchelstown, Oola, Knocklong but if they don't demand results from south Tipp TDs that's likely how it's going to be.
dowlingm is offline   Reply With Quote