View Single Post
Unread 28-07-2010, 12:46   #56
irishsaint
Regular Poster

Grand Canal Dock Issue.
Ticket Type: Weekly Season
Dundalk – Grand Canal

27th July, at 9:28am I used the furthest right ticket gate as you exit the platform using the new ticket gates at the rear of the station. The ticket gate ate my ticket and I spent approx 15seconds examining the ticket slot for my ticket. I left to go into the station to speak to staff to open the ticket gate slot for me so that I could retrieve my ticket and when they came around to the rear of the station and opened it, there was no ticket! The staff point blankly refused to re-issue my ticket going as far to question if I had even put a ticket in! I had proof of purchase. I was told that I would have to speak to Customer Services in Connolly. So that I did and was immediately told they should not have sent me over, that it was a Grand Canal Dock issue etc. I continued to argue my case and forced them to review the CCTV which I am relieved clearly shows me entering my ticket into what they call “Unit 1” and after I leave to go into the Station to get a staff member to come out, a gent in the mean time puts a ticket into “Unit 1” which forces my ticket to eject. He also receives his own ticket and casually walks off with mine! The kind customer services in Connolly, whom I showed proof of purchase too combined with the very fact that they now had video evidence confirming that their equipment malfunctioned still refused to re-issue a ticket even going so far as to tell me that I will be lucky to get a refund. Further more, with no ticket for travel, I asked how they planned on getting me home considering that their equipment robbed me of my ticket. I was told I would have to buy another ticket. After wasting about 45 minutes, I left it be. So here is the question, what are my options and how the hell do I report IR for this utter ignorance and complete disregard? Their equipment failed and as a result, left me stranded without a means to get home.
irishsaint is offline   Reply With Quote