View Single Post
Unread 18-01-2007, 20:34   #13
dowlingm
Really Really Regluar Poster

Average 2007 timetable speed between Limerick and Roscrea 30mph. The bus looks like a TGV in comparison. When a southbound morning/northbound evening service does start - in 20 years time - I believe co-ordination with Limerick Co. Co. to arrange bus service that waits for the train to UL/Plassey Tech Park is a must, perhaps by extending a morning bus service to Castleconnell (about 10km from UL) or a peak time halt just east of the junction of the N7 and the Ring Road - about 5km from UL.

For Google Earthers, the latter I would suggest to be 52.677948°N 8.504894°W - there's an approach road from the N7 roundabout to an LC - obviously this would have to be dealt with as part of the train halt/bus halt construction, not to mention the several other farm crossings north of there until the N7 LC - maybe the NRA could pay for IE to embank north and south of the N7/forthcoming M7 with a two track capable overbridge so the mosherway won't be impeded and the nearby farm crossings get dealt with?

As for Limerick commuter services in general - wake me up when they release the Waterford train from 30mins of hanging around at LJ from 0817 instead of bombing on for Limerick with an arrival of 0845, leaving a Limerick train to go get the Cork/Dublin passengers as by then they will be taking commuting to Limerick seriously!
dowlingm is offline   Reply With Quote