View Single Post
Unread 29-12-2008, 17:57   #20
KSW
Really Regular Poster

Default 07.26 Connolly Rosslare

Just to say todays 07.26 service from Connolly to Rosslare was delayed 40-60+ mins today as a result of signaling failure.

The train left Connolly from Drogheda at 07:28 and was on time the whole lenght to Wicklow. The signal was red for almost 30mins then the train left for rathdrum at 09.15 it arrived at Rathdrum at 09.26 where the train stood for another 10mins due to the signals been orange they were stuck on orange from Wicklow the whole lenght to Arklow. The train arrived at Arklow at 09.55 and finally Gorey 10.10. 50mins delay time total.

Problem was to me the 08.50 from Gorey had arrived in Arklow at im guessing 09.05 and was stuck there for about 50mins until the train I was travelling on arrived.

Coming back from Gorey on the 13.00 ex Rosslare the train yet again had to wait until 14.40 which arrived in at Arklow 14.22 but this train was speeding its way to Dublin. The train from Bray to Dun laoghaire took just 13mins then to Blackrock 5mins then lansdowne Rd 5mins so to me the level crossings at Sandymount and syndey parade can br closed before the Rosslare train approches not this train type I read on another forum.

But I do have to say coming from Dublin the train driver did keep us informed from Wicklow the whole way and apologised for the delay...
KSW is offline   Reply With Quote