View Single Post
Unread 02-12-2015, 18:10   #46
Dublin13
Regular Poster

The 4 car trains I don't think would be such a big problem on the proposed new timetable, at least for the trains that I get

The overcrowding is due to a combination of the pathetic timetable and awful balance between Howth and Malahide, and the shorter trains.

Between 5.32pm and 6.31pm for instance there are FIVE Howth trains meanwhile there are just two Malahide Trains between 5.30pm and 7.00pm.

If the trains are more frequent or they lengthen them, you'd still have busy trains, but at least they won't be like sardines.

Of course people on Howth branch will moan, but quite frankly that side of things is VASTLY over-served right now as the passenger numbers on those trains show.

Last week I took a train to Howth which ran about 6 minutes ahead of a Malahide one, got off at Howth Junction and there was about 8 people left on my carriage and not many more on the others.

I walk over the bridge at Howth Junction to the Malahide service, and can barely find somewhere to stand in reach of a grab rail. The difference in loading is that extreme.

Last edited by Dublin13 : 02-12-2015 at 18:13.
Dublin13 is offline   Reply With Quote